Learn Africa Scholarship Program application process at Spanish Universities in Spain. Learn the best way to apply for the Learn Africa Scholarship Program for the academic year 2020/2021, via Spanish Universities Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the Learn Africa Scholarship Program 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the Learn Africa Scholarship Program for interested and qualified applicants.
The Learn Africa program seeks to enhance the transfer of knowledge, exchange and training of African female students through scholarship awards provided by Spanish universities.
Since 2013 and up to now, 153 African female students from 34 nations have been recipients of this scheme and have all studied different subjects at different levels at fort (40) Spanish universities, one (1) Portuguese as well as two (2) educational centers in Morocco.
Learn Africa presents this year with a different call from the norm. Given the worldwide travel restrictions put in place due to the covid-19 outbreak, all the studies offered for the 2020/2021, excluding those of Planeta Formation and University, are to be taken online and have been specifically designed by the Spanish universities to avoid the effect of the coronavirus in your training as well as in your future.
Therefore, as a result of the impossibility that students will be able to travel and study in person in Spain, the scholarship awards for this call will only cover tuition and academic fees.
The Women for Africa Foundation is a Spanish non-profit, private body established in February 2012 by María Teresa Fernández de la Vega, who was the former vice president of the Government of Spain.
Its aim is to promote equal rights and opportunities for women, contributing to the progress of the continent.
Women for Africa is dedicated to human rights, peace, governance, democracy, and sustainable economic as well as social development. And all this through equality, because we are convinced that equality is the most powerful instrument of social transformation.
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for Learn Africa Scholarship Program?
- Is the Learn Africa Scholarship Program Form out?
- When will the Spanish Universities Scholarship start?
- I need a Spanish Universities Scholarship update, etc.
- Spanish Universities Scholarship Portal.
All courses offered at the university.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is open to students from Sub Saharan African countries.
Benefits of the Scholarship Program.
The scholarship awards for this call will only cover tuition and academic fees.
- Be female and have the nationality of an African nation.
- Be registered in an African university or have a university degree obtained in an African nation. For Postgraduate Scholarship awards, the Degree title is compulsory. The compulsory degree can vary based on the requested scholarship award (Check the details of each scholarship award).
- Fulfil the specific criteria and technical/technologic material of each type of scholarship award.
- Only one application per person.
How to Apply
Documents Required for Application
To apply for a scholarship place you will need to include the following documents:
- National identity document
- CV + INFO
- Diploma/certificate/university degree (as mandated)
- Academic record
- Motivation letter + INFO
- Reference or recommendation letter/s + INFO
- Official language level proficiency, if required + INFO
- Research project
A committee of experts will make a first evaluation of all the candidates according to the documents.
The final selection will be agreed with each of the participating universities and the results will be published at the end of August on our website, in addition to being personally communicated to each of the selected candidates.
The decision will not be individually communicated to applicants who were unsuccessful.
Once the award of the scholarships has been published, the selected candidates will have seven working days to accept it. Failure to indicate acceptance within the specified period implies resigning the scholarship award and its reassignment to another candidate according to the order already established on a reserve list.
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 15th July 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.