MasterCard Foundation Scholarship application process at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST) in Ghana. Learn the best way to apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship for the academic year 2020/2021, via Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST) Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship for interested and qualified applicants.
Our aim is to groom the next generation of transformational and ethical leaders who would greatly influence change and bring growth on the African Continent.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST) affords academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young students in Ghana and Africa with access to quality university education. The Scholarship Program grants an opportunity for its scholars to get holistic training that enhances them to be change leaders. The Scholarship Program entails an array of services including cultural transition, mentorship, etc. that will ensure the scholar’s academic excellence, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will advance the aid of economic and social transformation of Africa.
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for MasterCard Foundation Scholarship?
- Is the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Form out?
- When will the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST) Scholarship start?
- I need a Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST) Scholarship update, etc.
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST) Scholarship Portal.
There is a preference for students in the science department; however, all subjects/departments are considered.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is open to students in Ghana and other African countries,
Value of Scholarship: The Scholarship includes;
- Comprehensive financial aid (fully paid on-campus accommodation, full tuition, learning materials, monthly stipend and transportation).
- Consistent group meetings with other scholars that focus on professional and personal development opportunities, and activities designed to foster societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic aid through academic mentoring, life and career coaching, virtual learning, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to engage in community services, leadership congresses, and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back), and specially sourced internships.
- An academic environment where faculty and students take part in global issues.
- The honor of becoming part of the growing family of the Global Scholars Community and the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Alumni.
- The chance to be registered on an accelerated Master’s Degree after undergraduate studies with an MCF Partner institution in the USA.
Duration of Scholarship: full period of study.
For the 2020/2021 Academic Session, the opportunity is open to;
- All candidates with WASSCE or ABCE or GBCE or GCE O’Level and A’ Level or an equivalent Results from an accredited/recognized institution and Certificate Ready and meets Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST)’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS applicant will be accepted. Applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to;
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
How to Apply
Get a copy of the 2020/2021 application form here.
Submit the completed application form through EMS or any other trusted courier mail to:
The Program Manager
MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
℅ Office of the Dean of Students
Private Mail Bag
KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
When submitting your scholarship award application form to the Secretariat, submit with it these additional documents
- The print out of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST)’s online admission
- Original Certificates for both O’ Level and A’ Level results or an equivalent result.
Successful applicants for Award of the Scholarship will be published on the Program’s website.
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 3rd July 2020 17:00GMT. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date/time.