Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship application process at University of Adelaide in the Australia. Learn the best way to apply for the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship for the academic year 2020/2021, via University of Adelaide Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship for interested and qualified applicants.
The University of Adelaide gives a number of Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship awards to exceptional international graduates from any nation to start their education through a Master’s or Doctorate degree by research. Awards for international RTP beneficiaries are prioritized for those undertaking research in disciplines of University research strength.
International Postgraduate Research Scholarships are available in the first two (2) scholarship rounds to exceptional international candidates from any nation who have a First Class Honors result or any equivalent result, to aid their study in the direction of a Higher Degree by Research in disciplines of University research strength.
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship?
- Is the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship Form out?
- When will the University of Adelaide Scholarship start?
- I need a University of Adelaide Scholarship update, etc.
- University of Adelaide Scholarship Portal.
All courses offered at the university.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is open to students from all over the world.
Value of Scholarship: $28,092 (2020 rate)
- Research Training Program Fee Offset: Provides a fee offset scholarship which covers the cost of tuition fees as a higher degree by research student of the University of Adelaide for the standard period of the academic study (Research Master: up to two (2) years; Doctor of Philosophy: up to four (4) years). Any gap between the RTP Fee Offset and the Tuition Fees billed is waived by the University for the standard time of the academic study.
- Research Training Program Stipend: Provides a living allowance of AUD$28,092 (2020 rate) per annum for up to 2 years for a Research Master degree, and up to 3 years (with a likely six (6) month extension) for a Doctor of Philosophy. It is likely to be tax exempt, subject to Taxation Office approval.
- Research Training Program Allowance: Provides financial support for an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy, plus relocation and publication expenses.
Duration of Scholarship: up to 3 years.
- Applicants must be international students who are acceptable to commence a Masters or Doctorate by research degree at the University of Adelaide.
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
- Successful beneficiaries are expected to apply and enroll in their intended course of study at The University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ to keep their scholarship award.
- Candidates are required to make available evidence of meeting the University’s minimum English language proficiency criteria for direct entry by the application deadline.
- Candidates with a qualification in progress will be ineligible for consideration until the qualification has been fittingly completed (and suitable evidence provided) or evidence of withdrawal has been showed.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian Honors degree. (In Australia an Honors degree is usually a one (1) year qualification taken after an undergraduate degree and includes additional study in a particular discipline or area of study. In some areas, Honors is available as part of the final year of a four (4) year undergraduate degree. It is recognized as a prestigious qualification that further develops research, writing and organizational skills. It also demonstrates an ability to undertake high-level study.
- Successful beneficiaries must start study at the University of Adelaide in the semester the scholarship award is offered. It is impossible to defer the award.
- International applicants are not eligible if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award.
- The offer of a scholarship award is dependent upon an applicant not being offered another scholarship award by the Commonwealth of Australia, the University of Adelaide, or an international sponsor. The University holds the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship award at any time before enrolment if it is advised that a recipient has been offered a scholarship award equal to or in excess of the financial value of the scholarship award offered by the University.
- If a candidate has hitherto been awarded an international higher degree by research scholarship program by the University, and did not successfully complete the corresponding academic study, that candidate won’t be reconsidered for any future international higher degree by research scholarship programs.
How to Apply
Application for ‘Admission and a Scholarship award’ must be submitted using the Online Application Form.
Visit scholarship webpage for details
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 10th July 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.