Application Closes: For the 2022–23 academic session
Great Offer! The Monash University International Merit Scholarship Grants are now available to all well-deserving international applicants who want to commence study at the University for the 2022-23 academic session in Australia.
Funded via the Sir John Monash Scholarship for Excellence, the study grant is open to all brilliant and mind-blowing students who need financial assistance to further their academic pursuits. Successful recipients will receive $10,000 per annum for the duration of their degree at the University.
Applicants must be one of the following:
- An International student
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Intending to enrol full-time in undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
- For commencing students, you must have received a Monash offer.
- For current students, you must have completed a minimum of two semesters in Australia
- Current students enrolled in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) course or the Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD) course must have completed at least three semesters.
- Note: You are not eligible to apply for this scholarship if you:
- Are studying Australian Year 12. You may be eligible for the Sir John Monash Scholarship for Excellence.
- Are commencing in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) course or the Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD). You will need to complete three semesters and apply as a current student.
- $10,000 per annum (48 credit points of study) paid per year until the minimum number of points for your degree is completed.
- Commencing undergraduate students will be invited to apply for a place in Monash Minds, a leadership program for first-year students.
Number of Awards
31 per year.
- Based on academic achievement.
- Current students must have achieved a minimum weighted average mark of 85
- Students will also be assessed on their scholarship application statement (500 words), and their potential to be an ambassador for Monash University.
- Preference will be given to commencing students.
Method of Application;
- You must submit a separate application form for this scholarship (due dates below).
- Before applying for this scholarship, you must have received a full Monash course offer with no conditions.
- Can be deferred within the same calendar year only.
- Do not submit supporting documentation with your application – this will not be considered.
Please note that every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit the scholarship application page.