Nigerian National Committee Annual Scholarship application process at United World Colleges in the United Kingdom. Learn the best way to apply for the Nigerian National Committee Annual Scholarship for the academic year2020/2021, via United World Colleges Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the Nigerian National Committee Annual Scholarship 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the Nigerian National Committee Annual Scholarship for interested and qualified applicants.
United World Colleges is a unique organization. It is the only universal educational Non-Governmental Organization that brings students together from all over the world, chosen from within their own nations, per excellence and regardless of their capacity to pay. These students come together at one (1) of seventeen (17) UWC schools and colleges that target to enhance global peace and understanding.
The committee encourages applications from suitably eligible Nigerian applicants for needs-based scholarship awards and fee paying places in some United World Colleges which is limited in number.
The colleges ready the students for a two-year International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Certificate.
Parents/Guardians may be required to cover the bills of their offspring’s airfares, stipends, health insurance, and clothing allowance and so on, where applicable. Some scholarships may only partially foot tuition and accommodation expenses.
The UWC organization is a non-profit making organization with its International Headquarters in London. The Nigeria National Committee was established in 1982. Presently Mr. Hakeem Belo-Osagie (one of the alumni of UWC) is the Chairman of the Committee while Mr. Akintola Williams (CBE, OFR) is the National Patron.
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for Nigerian National Committee Annual Scholarship?
- Is the Nigerian National Committee Annual Scholarship Form out?
- When will the United World Colleges Scholarship start?
- I need a United World Colleges Scholarship update, etc.
- United World Colleges Scholarship Portal.
All courses offered at the university.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is only open to students from Nigeria.
To be eligible to apply:
- Applicants must have exhibited exceptional academic prowess and must have achieved the Senior School Certificate SSC/GCE ‘O Levels or any of their recognized equivalent.
- Outstanding students in SS3 may also apply dependent on their two (2) years continuous assessment.
- Applicants must be between 16 and 17 years old (birth certificate is required).
- Applicants must also complete and submit an essay and Principal’s recommendation with their application.
How to Apply
An Application fee of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira only) is payable on submission of the application while candidates from any public school who are nominated by the school may pay a subsidised fee of N1000.00 (One Thousand Naira only). Payment is by a Bank Draft drawn on any Nigerian Bank in favor of the Nigerian National Committee for the United World Colleges (Call/WhatsApp 09058169893 for account details). Alternatively, pay through Paystack Payment Gateway on our website www.ng.uwc.org.
Forms can be downloaded HERE
Forms can also be purchased and/or submitted at any of our purchasing and submitting centers below in Abuja or Port Harcourt:
Dr. Kevin Ihenetu (Abuja Purchasing Centre),
Citizenship and Leadership Training Centre,
Plot 1075, Joseph Gomwalk Street, After Bahamas Plaza,
Gudu – Abuja.
Mrs. Chioma Nwigwe (Port Harcourt Purchasing Center),
18 Egbelo Street, Off Okporo Road,
Port Harcourt – Rivers State.
All Applications must be submitted with the required documents and prescribed fees within the application period at any of the aforementioned centers above or scanned and sent directly to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Previously, shortlisted applicants have been invited for a laborious selection exercise at the Sea School Apapa, Lagos. However, in view of the COVID-19 outbreak, the National Committee will observe the situation carefully and determine the most suitable way to coordinate the selection exercise in December 2020 so as to safeguard the lives and health of the participants.
If you wish to set-up an appointment to discuss your application, please contact us via: Email: email@example.com, Tel: 09058169893
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 29th October 2020 04:00PM (WAT). Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date/time.