Buchanan Scholarship application process at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand. Learn the best way to apply for the Buchanan Scholarship for the academic year2020/2021, via Victoria University of Wellington Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the Buchanan Scholarship 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the Buchanan Scholarship for interested and qualified applicants.
The Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand is offering opportunities for scholarship awards to financially support outstanding students who are not able to afford pursuing a degree program in New Zealand.
The total value of this award is up to $10,000. It’ll be given to all chosen students to help with expenses associated with pursuing a master’s by research degree program.
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for Buchanan Scholarship?
- Is the Buchanan Scholarship Form out?
- When will the Victoria University of Wellington Scholarship start?
- I need a Victoria University of Wellington Scholarship update, etc.
- Victoria University of Wellington Scholarship Portal.
The available program is Masters by thesis in New Zealand History and Society.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is open to students from countries all over the world.
Value of Award: $10,000 per annum
Number of Awards: One
- Candidates must be undertaking or have the intention to research New Zealand’s history, cultures and society.
- Candidates can be international or domestic students.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled or intending to enroll in a full-time Master’s by thesis at Victoria University of Wellington.
Applicants will be ranked by the Stout Research Centre Research Committee, and a recommendation will be made to the Victoria University Scholarships Committee.
How to Apply
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any supporting documentation (including references) that is required should also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the scholarship award will be conditional upon the awardee being fully registered in a full-year program (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. Payment of the Scholarship award will not be made until this criterion is met.
- The Scholarship award cannot be deferred to a later academic session.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the beneficiary withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the period of this scholarship award or fail to attain a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship award will be expected normally. Beneficiaries must advise the Scholarship awards Office if they wish to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, applying of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship award may be altered in special situations or to avoid difficulty to any applicant for the Scholarship award.
Specific documents required:
- An overview of the current/intended research project
- An academic reference
- A statement on financial hardship
A filled online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the deadline. Late or incomplete applications won’t be accepted. Any required supporting documents (which includes references) should also be submitted latest by 4.30 pm on the deadline in order for the application to be considered.
Applications normally open a month before the closing date. If no application link is given below, check back again closer to the deadline. Reach us if you have any enquiries.
Candidates are advised to take admission into an applicable program. Once you have been admitted to study at the university, you can then apply for this application.
Visit The Official Website For More Information.
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 1st November 2020 (4.30PM). Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date/time.