Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Masters Scholarships application process at University of Colombo in Sri Lanka. Learn the best way to apply for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Masters Scholarships for the academic year 2020/2021, via University of Colombo Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Masters Scholarships 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Masters Scholarships for interested and qualified applicants.
The Association of Commonwealth Universities in the United Kingdom is offering the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship awards to all affiliated universities in Sri Lanka for 2021.
QECS awards provide exceptional students from anywhere in the Commonwealth the chance to get a Master’s degree while experiencing how life is in another nation, building new skills, and growing their international networks.
Scholarship awards are for students dedicated to bringing about change in their communities and adding positively to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The scholarships are named in honor of Her Majesty the Queen, Head of the Commonwealth and ACU Patron, and are fully funded and supported by numerous Commonwealth governments.
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Masters Scholarships?
- Is the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Masters Scholarships Form out?
- When will the University of Colombo Scholarship start?
- I need a University of Colombo Scholarship update, etc.
- University of Colombo Scholarship Portal.
MSc in Molecular Life Sciences, Master of Business Administration (MBA), and an MSc in Molecular Immunology.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is only open to students from Commonwealth countries.
Worth of Award
Award recipients receive:
- Tuition fees
- A living allowance (stipend)
- An economy class return airfare to their Host country
- An arrival allowance
- A research support grant which is on request only and subject to approval
The following universities are participating:
IBMBB (Institute of Biochemistry Molecular Biology and Biotechnology), University of Colombo
The following courses are open:
- MSc in Cellular and Molecular Immunology; and
- MSc in Molecular Life Sciences
Candidates must be a graduate in medical, dental, biological, agricultural, veterinary or chemical sciences.
PIM (Postgraduate Institute of Management), University of Sri Jayewardenepura
The following course is open:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and at minimum, three (3 years managerial experience.
Before applying, please check you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be a citizen of (or hold refugee status in) a Commonwealth nation that is not the nation hosting the scholarship award. Candidates must put in for a QECS award in a nation other than their home nation/nation of citizenship.
- You must have successfully finished an undergraduate degree at a 2:1 or its equivalent level (or level that will enable you to get admission to a postgraduate course). As part of the application process you will be asked to provide a copy of your final transcript and degree certificate.
Please, note that QECS awards are only for new students and cannot be used to fund a course that has already been started.
Universities may have their own particular eligibility criteria for admissions, so please, kindly email IBMBB for further details..
How to Apply
Please follow the below steps to complete your application.
Ensure that you have the following documents to upload during your application:
- Two references – preferably academic
- Scan of national ID card or passport
- High school certificate
- Undergraduate transcript (as well as graduation certificate)
- Evidence of English language ability (provided English is not your first language)
- Complete and submit a QECS application online
- Complete and submit a separate application for admission to your selected course.
- If you have enquiries about university course admissions at the university, please reach out to:
University of Colombo: email@example.com
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 9th July 2020 by 4pm (UTC +1). Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date/time.