International Excellence Scholarships application process at Auckland University of Technology in New Zealand. Learn the best way to apply for the International Excellence Scholarships for the academic year 2020/2021, via Auckland University of Technology Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the International Excellence Scholarships 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the International Excellence Scholarships for interested and qualified applicants.
The Auckland University of Technology (AUT) provides scholarships to recognize and support high achieving international students as they begin their journey in becoming great graduates of AUT.
The award of this scholarship is conditional on the student gaining entry to an AUT program (duration of at least 120 points, except for Study Abroad and GIE programs) as listed in each of the categories above. The scholarship will be paid as either:
- 1: a compulsory fees credit for the first semester of study at Auckland University of Technology; or
- 2: a contribution for accommodation in an approved Auckland University of Technology Halls of residence which is subject to candidate securing an offer of accommodation.
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for International Excellence Scholarships?
- Is the International Excellence Scholarships Form out?
- When will the Auckland University of Technology Scholarship start?
- I need an Auckland University of Technology Scholarship update, etc.
- Auckland University of Technology Scholarship Portal.
Undergraduate Graduate and Postgraduate degree programs in Business, Creative Technologies, Law, Science, Art and Design, Clinical Sciences, Communication Studies, Engineering Computer and Mathematical Sciences, Education, Hospitality Tourism and Events, Interprofessional Health Studies, Language and Culture, Public Health and Psychosocial Studies, Social Sciences and Public Policy, Sport and Recreation.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is open to students from countries all over the world.
Value of Award: Varies
Number of Awards: Varies depending on funding.
Duration: The scholarship award is granted for one (1) year only.
- Applicants must be full-fee paying international students (Note: International students are students who are neither citizens, permanent residents nor resident visa holders of New Zealand or Australia) or in the process of applying for the aforementioned categories.
- Candidates must have a present and valid offer (conditional or unconditional) to study an Auckland University of Technology program (Undergraduate level or above, but excludes doctoral and at least 120 points).
- Candidates will be asked for their Auckland University of Technology Student ID in the box provided on the application form to be filled.
- Scholarship awards are granted on academic excellence.
- Candidates with an equivalent Grade Point Average of 6.0 out of 9.0 (i.e. B+ average) or above in their most recent program/qualification will be considered.
- Returning Auckland University of Technology students (i.e. students who have already commenced study at AUT (excluding AUT International House GIE English pathway programs)) will not be considered.
- Applicants are required to declare if they have applied for other forms of scholarships both internally (i.e. awarded by AUT) and externally (e.g. government scholarships). The selection committee will take this into consideration.
- Candidates should provide proof of English language ability with IELTS, TOEFL, or any other acceptable proof. Please, check the English Language Requirements section for more information.
Applications in all of the categories will be shortlisted and chosen by the selection panel which comprises representatives from Auckland University of Technology International. Selection will be dependent on exhibited academic merit. The nation of origin of the candidate may be considered by the selection panel to align with Auckland University of Technology’s strategic objectives. Candidates who have declared other forms of scholarship awards both internally (i.e. awarded by Auckland University of Technology) and externally (e.g. government scholarship awards) will be considered on a case-by-case basis regarding their eligibility.
How to Apply
Applicants are advised to take admission in the undergraduate and postgraduate degree coursework at the Auckland University of Technology.
Application is through the AUT online scholarship portal aut.ac.nz/scholarships. Applicants must complete the AUT International Excellence Scholarship application online from the link provided on the page. Applicants will be asked to indicate under which category (select one only) they wish to be considered and must meet the eligibility criteria for the category under which they are applying. Applicants are required to upload:
1. A well-detailed academic transcript with grading scale of their most recent qualification.
2. Present and valid offer (conditional or unconditional) to study at an Auckland University of Technology program (Degree, Postgraduate, AUT Study Abroad, GIE – refer to Regulations for full details).
3. For Undergraduate Excellence and English Pathway Excellence categories, the candidate’s graduation certificate or proof of completion if applicable.
Visit The Official Website For More Information.
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 5th July 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.