Sanctuary Scholarship application process at University of Leeds in the United Kingdom. Learn the best way to apply for the Sanctuary Scholarship for the academic year 2020/2021, via University of Leeds Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the Sanctuary Scholarship 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the Sanctuary Scholarship for interested and qualified applicants.
The University of Leeds is calling for applications for the Sanctuary Scholarship for undergraduates in the United Kingdom for the 2020/2021 academic year.
They are pleased to offer scholarships for forced migrants to the UK. The Sanctuary Scholarship is available to people who desire to study any undergraduate, postgraduate, or research degree.
There are a limited number of scholarships available. Successful applicants will be chosen using a set of selection criteria before a shortlisted group will be invited to interview. Successful applicants will not have to repay any of the money they receive through the scholarship.
The University of Leeds is one of England’s largest University with a campus that sits on over 98 acres of English real estate and presently tutors more than 33,000 students from over 140 nations. The school features a few outstanding attributes including four libraries, spacious lecture halls, an ultra-modern swimming pool, a fitness and wellness center known as ‘The Edge’, and a state-of-the-art stage for contemporary performances.
The University of Leeds also offers one of the widest selection of courses available to universities across the United Kingdom. These courses are available in degree programs which include Undergraduate, Postgraduate (Masters), and Doctorate programs. Also, these degrees are recognized and respected worldwide by employers, and academic institutions, and can often be found in influential positions around the world.
An essential attribute of the University of Leeds is its continuous committed service to foreign students. This commitment has seen over 5,000 students from more than 140 nations outside England feel very comfortable with getting a degree from the renowned English University.
The school also features an “International Student Office” which provides information and counselling to help study-abroad students adjust to the new atmosphere and improve their performance at the University of Leeds.
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for Sanctuary Scholarship?
- Is the Sanctuary Scholarship Form out?
- When will the University of Leeds Scholarship start?
- I need a University of Leeds Scholarship update, etc.
- University of Leeds Scholarship Portal.
All courses offered at the university.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is open to students from countries all over the world.
You can apply for this scholarship if you have an offer or intend to study any of the following degrees full-time or part-time:
- Any undergraduate degree program (which does not include Foundation degrees) commencing in September 2020.
- Any postgraduate degree program commencing in September 2020.
- Any research degree program, which also includes a PhD, commencing in September 2020.
To apply for this scholarship award, you must:
- Be a forced migrant to the UK (i.e. a person displaced from their home country or place of domicile for ethnic, environmental, economic, political, or human rights pressures).
- Be unable to get access to mainstream finance, for example, from Student Finance England or any local authority grant.
As well as meeting both of the above criteria, you also will need to have the residency status of one of the following:
- An asylum seeker – an individual who has made a claim within the United Kingdom for refugee status.
- A refugee who is unable to access funding from Student Finance England.
- A person who has been granted limited or discretionary leave to remain
- Indefinite leave to remain
- Section 67 Leave
- Leave being an Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Child (known as UASC leave).
How to Apply
- Can be completed via an online application form.
- Please, kindly note that applying for the Sanctuary Scholarship award is different from applying for a place on your selected course. The Sanctuary Scholarship award application is for financing only. To apply for a place on your chosen course, search for your program and follow the instructions on the relevant page.
- If you have any questions about the scholarship award or want to submit your supplementary proof, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 9am on Monday July 13, 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date/time.