Skoltech Masters Scholarship Programs application process at Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology in Russia. Learn the best way to apply for the Skoltech Masters Scholarship Programs for the academic year 2020/2021, via Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the Skoltech Masters Scholarship Programs 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the Skoltech Masters Scholarship Programs for interested and qualified applicants.
The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) is a private research and academic institution that is located by Skolkovo village in the Moscow Region. Established in 2011 with MIT’s collaboration, Skoltech will be in charge of preparing a new generation of entrepreneurs and researchers, increasing the range of scientific knowledge, and inspiring technological innovation with the aim of solving important technological research problems that Russia as well as the rest of the world may eventually face in the future.
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for Skoltech Masters Scholarship Programs?
- Is the Skoltech Masters Scholarship Programs Form out?
- When will the Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship start?
- I need a Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship update, etc.
- Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship Portal.
Skoltech MSc Programs.
- Space and Engineering Systems
- Theoretical Physics
- Photonics and Quantum Materials
- Life Sciences
- Data Science
- Information Science and Technology
- Materials Science
- Petroleum Engineering
- Advanced Manufacturing Technologies
- Mathematical Physics
- Energy Systems
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is open to students from countries all over the world.
- Enjoy courses and supervision under world-renowned scientists and engineers.
- Find significant freedom in choosing courses; design an individual study plan that allows you to obtain a modern education with a broad interdisciplinary component.
- Experience an open vibrant international environment that conveys together hundreds of scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs with serious goals. Students and professors from more than 25 nations study as well as teach at Skoltech. English language is our language of instruction and official business.
- Discover opportunities to visit world-leading universities and international conferences. More than 1/3 of our students have spent or will spend a semester at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and other top universities.
- Explore the integration of research, education and innovation. Discover a culture of supporting students’ startups.
Stipends and other benefits:
- Significant stipends are available, which depend on students’ academic standing, starting at 40,000 RUR per month at MSc programs.
- Free medical insurance.
- Variety of academic mobility programs.
The candidates who have successfully called through the admission process and are registered at Skoltech do not pay for their studies. The expense is totally footed by the university; for students, education is free.
- For Master’s programs: An appropriate bachelor’s or specialist degree or its equivalent, from an accredited university.
- All candidates must show proficiency in English, which is the language of instruction at Skoltech. A minimum score of 80 on the TOEFL iBT, 450 on the TOEFL ITP or 6 on the IELTS is required. No exceptions are made for this policy and only TOEFL and IELTS scores are accepted.
- Submission of a General GRE score isn’t required for the Skoltech application. However, a high score may prove advantageous to your application
- Applications are open to domestic and international students. Applicants must be in their final year of their undergraduate studies or hold a higher education degree (bachelor’s degree or specialist degree) in one of the following areas of study: applied science, technical science, mathematics, chemistry, physics, biology, or relevant areas.
- Additionally, you must have a record of success in your studies as well as a knowledge of English.
As they receive more applications every year from outstanding applicants than they have places available, meeting the minimum admissions criteria does not necessarily guarantee admission.
Successful applicants have generally received previous education and training in fields relevant to their programs, including:
- Computer science, computer engineering, computational mathematics, mathematics & applied mathematics, informatics, etc.
- Physics, applied physics
- Chemistry, chemical engineering
- Biology, molecular biology, bio-engineering, biochemistry, biophysics, bioinformatics, systems biology
- Materials science and engineering
- Aerospace science and engineering, astrophysics
- Mechanical engineering
- Petroleum and gas engineering, geophysics, geology, geological engineering
Students whose primary education is in the humanities, business, or social sciences must have significant training in a field related to one of Skoltech’s programs.
How to Apply
- The application includes your CV, two letters of recommendation, and a motivation letter.
- Submission of either IELTS or TOEFL test results is compulsory by “Selection Weekend.”
- Candidates who did not get an opportunity to take any of these official tests will be able to take the TOEFL ITP during “Selection Weekend” at Skoltech.
- No application fee is required.
Skoltech offers an online application in order to make the whole process quick and simple for potential students. Before beginning the application, carefully read the application instructions, requirements, and deadlines for your chosen academic program.
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 16th July 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.