Skoltech PhD Scholarship Programs application process at Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology in Russia. Learn the best way to apply for the Skoltech PhD Scholarship Programs for the academic year2020/2021, via Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the Skoltech PhD Scholarship Programs 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the Skoltech PhD Scholarship Programs for interested and qualified applicants.
The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) is a private research and academic institution that is located by Skolkovo village in the Moscow Region. Established in 2011 with MIT’s collaboration, Skoltech will be in charge of preparing a new generation of entrepreneurs and researchers, increasing the range of scientific knowledge, and inspiring technological innovation with the aim of solving important technological research problems that Russia as well as the rest of the world may eventually face in the future.
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for Skoltech PhD Scholarship Programs?
- Is the Skoltech PhD Scholarship Programs Form out?
- When will the Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship start?
- I need a Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship update, etc.
- Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship Portal.
Skoltech PhD Programs.
They currently have the following programs:
- Mathematics and Mechanics
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Life Sciences
- Computational and Data Science and Engineering
- Engineering Systems
- Petroleum Engineering
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is open to students from all countries over the world.
- Enjoy courses and supervision under world-renowned scientists and engineers.
- Find significant freedom in choosing courses; design an individual study plan that allows you to obtain a modern education with a broad interdisciplinary component.
- Experience an open vibrant international environment that conveys together hundreds of scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs with serious goals. Students and professors from more than 25 nations study as well as teach at Skoltech. English language is our language of instruction and official business.
- Discover opportunities to visit world-leading universities and international conferences. More than 1/3 of our students have spent or will spend a semester at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and other top universities.
- Explore the integration of research, education and innovation. Discover a culture of supporting students’ startups.
Stipends and other benefits:
- Substantial allowances are available, which is dependent on students’ academic standing, which starts at 40,000 RUR every month at MSc programs.
- Free medical insurance.
- Variety of academic mobility programs.
The candidates who have successfully called through the admission process and are registered at Skoltech do not pay for their studies. The expense is totally footed by the university; for students, education is free.
- For Doctoral degree programs: An appropriate master’s degree or specialist degree or equivalent, from any accredited university.
- Applications are open to domestic and international students.
- To be eligible for the Ph.D. program, by the time of registration at Skoltech, candidates must have a M.Sc. degree or its equivalent (specialist degree) from an accredited institution of higher education and in a related area of study.
- All candidates must show proficiency in English, which is the language of instruction at Skoltech. A minimum score of 80 on the TOEFL iBT, 450 on the TOEFL ITP or 6 on the IELTS is required. No exceptions are made for this policy and only TOEFL and IELTS scores are accepted.
- Submission of a General GRE score isn’t required for the Skoltech application. However, a high score may prove advantageous to your application.
As they receive more applications every year from outstanding applicants than they have places available, meeting the minimum admissions criteria does not necessarily guarantee admission.
Successful applicants have generally received previous education and training in fields relevant to our programs, including:
- Computer science, computer engineering, computational mathematics, mathematics & applied mathematics, informatics, etc.
- Physics, applied physics
- Chemistry, chemical engineering
- Biology, molecular biology, bio-engineering, biochemistry, biophysics, bioinformatics, systems biology
- Materials science and engineering
- Aerospace science and engineering, astrophysics
- Mechanical engineering
- Petroleum and gas engineering, geophysics, geology, geological engineering
Students whose primary education is in the humanities, business, or social sciences must have significant training in a field related to one of Skoltech’s programs.
How to Apply
- The application includes your CV, two letters of recommendation, and a motivation letter.
- Submission of either IELTS or TOEFL test results is compulsory by “Selection Weekend.”
- Candidates who did not get an opportunity to take any of these official tests will be able to take the TOEFL ITP during “Selection Weekend” at Skoltech.
- No application fee is required.
Skoltech offers an online application in order to make the whole process quick and simple for potential students. Before beginning the application, carefully read the application instructions, requirements, and deadlines for your chosen academic program.
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 2nd August 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.