Women in Engineering Top Excellence Scholarship application process at Curtin University in Australia. Learn the best way to apply for the Women in Engineering Top Excellence Scholarship for the academic year 2020/2021, via Curtin University Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the Women in Engineering Top Excellence Scholarship 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the Women in Engineering Top Excellence Scholarship for interested and qualified applicants.
The Women in Engineering Top Excellence Scholarship has been developed by Curtin University to reward and assist academically talented female student(s) who receive the top ATAR in an Engineering degree within the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
Application forms are not required, students apply by selecting an engineering undergraduate degree through TISC as their first preference.
The scholarship will be offered based on raw ATAR scores. The Step-Up bonus of 5 points is not considered when awarding this scholarship.
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for Women in Engineering Top Excellence Scholarship?
- Is the Women in Engineering Top Excellence Scholarship Form out?
- When will the Curtin University Scholarship start?
- I need a Curtin University Scholarship update, etc.
- Curtin University Scholarship Portal.
All undergraduate Engineering degrees within the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is only open to students from Australia and New Zealand.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The Women in Engineering Top Excellence Scholarship will provide the following support for the expected duration of the undergraduate degree (based on a full-time study load of 100 credits per study period):
A total value of up to:
- $24,000 for a 4 year degree
- $30,000 for a 5 year degree
- $33,000 for a 5.5 year degree
Paid as a cash stipend of $3,000 per study period. The cash can be used at the awardee’s discretion to contribute towards educational related costs.
Semester payments will be paid approximately mid-March and mid-August each year.
Candidates must meet ALL of the following criteria to be considered for a Women in Engineering Top Excellence Scholarship:
- Australian permanent humanitarian, Australian permanent resident, Australian citizen, or New Zealand citizen
- Selected Curtin University as a first preference through TISC to undertake an engineering undergraduate degree in 2021 by the scholarship closing date
- Receive a course offer in main round offers for the first preference course that was listed on TISC at the scholarship closing date
- Undertaking year 12 WACE in 2020
- Received the top raw ATAR* in an Engineering degree within the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Curtin University
- Will enroll full-time (a minimum 75 credits per study period) at Curtin University
NOTE: Offers will be made based on raw ATAR scores. ATAR scores which incorporate the Step-Up bonus are not eligible for this scholarship.
This scholarship award can be deferred for up to one (1) year.
How to Apply
Application form not required – please follow the steps below.
Eligibility and Assessment
Step 1: TISC
- Select an eligible degree through TISC as first preference for main round offers
- Preference must be selected by scholarship closing date (listed at top of page)
- Eligible degrees listed in ‘Eligible Courses’
Step 2: Course Offer
- Receive an offer of a place into first preference course listed on TISC in main round offers
- Successful candidates must accept course offer which was made to them in main round offers before the course lapse date
Step 3: Outcome
- Scholarship will be awarded to all eligible students
- Successful candidate(s) sent notification and scholarship offer pack via email listed through TISC in mid-January 2021
Step 4: Acceptance
- Successful candidate(s) (including those who wish to defer their studies) must return acceptance documents by 31 January 2021
- Deferral of this award is permitted (details included in scholarship terms and conditions)
- Scholarship will commence from first semester of study
- Scholarship is not transferrable to another faculty or university
Visit Award Webpage for Details
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 18th December 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.