OFID Young Professional Development Fellowship application process at OFID Centers in Austria. Learn the best way to apply for the OFID Young Professional Development Fellowship for the academic year 2020/2021, via OFID Centers Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the OFID Young Professional Development Fellowship 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the OFID Young Professional Development Fellowship for interested and qualified applicants.
The OPEC Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) is a 2-year scheme that is well- designed as well as structured to bring fresh professionals from OFID’s Member Nations to develop them. It also seeks to equip them with the skills and knowledge that is needed to meet the minimum criteria for OFID’s entry level to professional positions.
The Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) will allow selected candidates to become acquainted with OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID)’s operations and how the different units/departments work hand-in-hand to the accomplishment of the institution’s whole strategic and operational goals. Based on an Individual Development Plan, Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) participants would be spending at least 50% of the period of the Program in the home unit/department. Through this Program, participants will gain valuable on-the-job experience, and they will also benefit from a coaching/counselling arrangement as well as a wide range of relevant training and developmental opportunities.
Once the program is completed, a participant may be offered employment at OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID), depending on job availability, OFID’s manpower necessities and the results of his/her performance appraisal reviews.
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for OFID Young Professional Development Fellowship?
- Is the OFID Young Professional Development Fellowship Form out?
- When will the OFID Centers Scholarship start?
- I need a OFID Centers Scholarship update, etc.
- OFID Centers Scholarship Portal.
Professional Development Program.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is only open to young professionals from OFID Member Countries.
OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) provides a benefits and compensation package that is globally comparable as well as competitive with other multilateral institutions. Selected candidates will also be eligible to get benefits of internationally employed staff members which include; children’s education subsidy, relocation grant, dependency allowance, medical benefits plan, housing allowance, home leave allowance, accident insurance plan and retirement benefits, and so on.
To be chosen for the Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) program, candidates must:
- be an OPEC Fund member country national;
- be 30 years of age, or younger;
- hold a Master’s degree;
- be able to demonstrate outstanding academic credentials;
- be fluent in English language and proficient in minimum of one other language;
- specialize in law, engineering, business administration, economics, information technology, development, finance, human resources or any other field that is relevant to the OPEC Fund’s operations;
- be able to work in an international, multicultural as well as diverse environment;
- understand the OPEC Fund’s mandate; and
- Be willing to work with the OPEC Fund in Vienna, Austria for at least two (2) years once the Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) is completed, provide a position is offered.
Selection Process: Young Professionals are selected after an intensive and rigorous selection process.Candidates accepted will join the Program in the final quarter of the year. Applicants who are offered a position in the Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) shall respond within two (2) weeks. Only candidates who meet the eligibility criteria may be contacted for interviews.
How to Apply
Documents Required for Application
To apply, candidates must submit:
- A YPDP online application form
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- An application essay (in Word or PDF format)
- Academic certificates and transcripts.
- Please ensure you meet the minimum eligibility criteria, outlined above;
- Please, ensure you submit the transcripts and application essay under the section dubbed ‘Additional Documents’ in the application form;
- Please submit a valid and current email address. Send a mail to us at email@example.com with new contact details should they change in the course of the application process;
- Answer all the questions in the application form; and
- Please ensure that your application essay adheres to the guidelines in the link below.
Visit Award Webpage for Details
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 21st September 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.