AAI One World Scholarship Program application process at Austrian Universities in the United Kingdom. Learn the best way to apply for the AAI One World Scholarship Program for the academic year 2020/2021, via Austrian Universities Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the AAI One World Scholarship Program 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the AAI One World Scholarship Program for interested and qualified applicants.
The One World Scholarship Program is a partial scholarship scheme targeted at students from Africa, Asia and Latin America who have come to Austria of their own ingenuity, so as to complete their education.
Prospective recipients are required to pay attention on questions related to growth and development in their research and studies.
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for AAI One World Scholarship Program?
- Is the AAI One World Scholarship Program Form out?
- When will the Austrian Universities Scholarship start?
- I need a Austrian Universities Scholarship update, etc.
- Austrian Universities Scholarship Portal.
Potential fields of specialization are social justice, climate change, poverty reduction, gender equality, food security, urbanization, renewable energies, environmental protection, sustainable tourism, health, global migrations, human rights, democratization, and good governance, international relations, conflict prevention and resolution, fighting corruption, intercultural dialogue. This list provides candidates with an idea of appropriate topics. However, it is not exclusive.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is only open to students from developing countries (See list below).
Value of Award: Partial grants.
- nationality of a non-European developing nation (country list)
- admission to a Master or PhD program at a university or university of applied sciences in Salzburg or Tyrol (University of Salzburg, University of Innsbruck, FH Salzburg, MCI, FH Kufstein)
- for PhD students: approved disposition
- Age limit: Master studies max. 30 years (mothers: 35 years), PhD studies max. 35 years (mothers: 40 years) at the time of the scholarship application.
- residence permit ‘student’
The scholarship award will contribute to exercise the right to education for those intellectual and critical young persons who face poor conditions in their home nations. These areas still apply a little more strongly to women.
Regarding scholarship applications from equally qualified candidates, priority is given to female applicants.
- Financial need: We consider own income, savings, and other means of aid, parent’s profession and income in order to select applicants who would find it difficult to be able to finish their studies successfully without financial aid.
- Evidence of decent progress in studies: Decent study progress documented by transcript of records of previous and current studies. In program without entry exams, students who have already completed at least one semester at an Austrian university have a distinctive advantage.
- Interest in development and according specialization in studies: Prospective awardees are expected to show a strong interest in development related issues, which is supposed to be reflected in the choice of study fields, voluntary activities, prior work experience, etc.
No scholarships are awarded for:
- studies at private universities
- postgraduate study programs (“Lehrgänge”, e.g. “Universitätslehrgang” or “Fachhochschullehrgang”) or other non-degree certificate program
- candidates with a residence title other than ‘student’
- non-degree program students (“außerordentliche Studierende“)
- Exchange program and Short term visits.
How to Apply
- Please send your complete application documents to [email protected] using a free data transfer such as wetransfer or sendspace
- After your application has been reviewed, you will be invited for an interview (in person or via Skype)
- The decision is taken by the scholarship award committee in mid-August. You will be duly informed about the decision shortly after.
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 31st July 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.