Welcome, since you are reading this article, it is suffice to reach the conclusion that you have heard about the DAAD International Scholarship Program 2020.
The application process for the DAAD International Scholarship Program at Public Universities in Germany is contained in this article. Here, interested and eligible applicants will learn the best way to put in for the DAAD International Scholarship Program for the academic year 2020/2021, via DAAD Scholarship Portal.
In summary, in this post, you are going to systematically outline in full details the appropriate way for you to apply for the DAAD International Scholarship Program.
The Scholarship is open to qualified international candidates pursuing their first degree, whether in Master’s or PhD at a state or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany, Switzerland or within the European Union.
Field(s) of study: Full-time Masters and PhD degrees in any subject, except for the following: second degrees; LL.M, MBA; part-time degrees; bachelor’s degree for non-European applicants; doctorate studies in dentistry and medicine; postdoctoral programs; projects and separate stays abroad.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is open to students from countries all over the world.
Benefits of DAAD International Scholarship Program
Masters: The scholarship’s worth is up to € 850 per month. In addition, there is a contribution to health insurance. The Foundation also offers non-material support for projects, events and initiatives. The minimum funding period is 2 semesters. The scholarship awards do not have to be refunded. Funding is initially granted for 1 year. Extensions up to the end of the course can be granted on request. Study and research stays and internships abroad are not funded.
Doctoral: The scholarship for the doctorate is up to € 1200 per month.
The scholarship scheme is open to qualified international candidates pursuing their first degree, Bachelor’s or Master’s, at a state or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany, Switzerland or within the European Union.
Not eligible for funding are
- Second degrees
- Part-time programs
- Distance learning degrees which are not pursued full-time
- Post-graduate and complementary courses
- Bachelor’s programs by international students who are non-EU nationals
- Degree courses in their final stages (minimum funding covers two semesters starting with the beginning of the sponsorship
- Any project such as internships, language courses, travel cost allowances, etc.
Young people dedicated to the political ideas of the German liberal party and that are willing to take up the responsibility. They come from any discipline or subject taught at state-recognized universities of applied sciences or higher-education institutions in Germany. Those who are granted a scholarship award by the Foundation for Freedom are automatically considered to be part of the ‘liberal family’ in Germany.
The sponsorship for students from abroad is intended for international applicants who wish to pursue a full-time program at a state or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany.
Applicants must have the following qualities:
- Giftedness: Applicants possess very good to exceptional academic or scientific results in their disciplines and have well-rounded interests within school or university as well as beyond.
- Personal requirements: Candidates are reliable, highly motivated personalities, who are willing to make decisions and take responsibility in the tradition of the German liberal party and ready to actively contribute to the further development of the social, political, cultural and economic life.
- Social and political engagement: Candidates have a distinct liberal profile combined with an awareness of and commitment to social and political issues, which translates into participation in higher-education institutions, engagement in a liberal political party or organizations, associations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) on www2.daad.de to apply
The application documents must be submitted in German and the selection interview will also take place in German, even if you are applying for funding for an English-language course or an English-language doctoral program. Knowledge of German is therefore essential.
The application deadline for DAAD International Scholarship Program at Public Universities is 31st October 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.