The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship advances instructive access and opportunity while upgrading worldwide variety. Uniting the best of AU – scholastic greatness, administration improvement, and worldwide commitment – the AU Emerging Global Leader accomplishes, moves, and presents with vision. The AU EGL is devoted to positive city and social change, and will get back to improve under-resourced, underserved networks in their nation of origin.
Emerging Global Leader Scholarship – American University Washington DC, USA is accessible to attempt Undergraduate, Bachelor level projects at American University.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
International Students are qualified to apply.
The AU EGL grant covers all billable AU costs (full educational cost, room, and board) for one global understudy who will require a visa (ideally a F-1 or J-1 understudy visa) to concentrate in the United States. The grant doesn’t cover non-billable costs, for example, required medical coverage, books, aircraft tickets, and different costs (around U.S.$4,000 every year).
The AU EGL grant is inexhaustible for a sum of four years of undergrad study, in view of proceeded with good scholastic execution
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent out of 4.0 GPA (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with one of the following:
- 95+ TOEFL iBT (all subscores must be 20 or above)
- Sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017)
- 7.0+ IELTS (all subscores must be 6.0 or above)
- 33 minimum SAT Reading Subscore
- 29 minimum ACT English
- 65 minimum PTE
- 120+ Duolingo (all subscores must be 110 or above)
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2021.
- Important: Students in the IB system should plan to graduate with a full IB diploma with at least 3 HL subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A levels and finish 13 years of study before August 2021.
- The AU EGLS selection process is most competitive. Priority consideration will be gven to those AU EGLS applicants who apply and complete the AU EGLS application, Common or Coalition Application, and international admissions process by December 15, 2020.
- Complete the online AU EGLS application.
- Submit a bank letter and the AU Certification of Finances (AU CFIS) form – each demonstrating a minimum of U.S.$4,000. These can be uploaded via your Future Eagle Portal or sent by fax to +1-202-885-1025. Examples of bank letters and the AU CFIS form template
- Submit your official TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test score results by December 15, 2020 at the latest. Please have official English proficiency score reports sent directly to American University Undergraduate Admissions.
- Complete and submit the Common Application or Coalition Application, together with all supporting documents per checklist by AU EGLS priority deadline of December 15, 2020, or by January 15, 2021 at the latest. Please note that students who do not submit a complete application packet with all supporting documents by the deadline will not be reviewed.
- If you are applying through a program supported by EducationUSA such as USAP, CCC, Opportunity Grants, Diana Kamal Scholarship Search, or similar, or if you are a past FLEX or YES high school scholarship recipient from the U.S. Department of State, please provide a letter from your EducationUSA center’s adviser confirming your candidacy. You may request for the letter to be sent to [email protected] as a PDF.
- If you are not selected as one of the finalists, you may still be considered for admission to American University, Washington, DC and eligible for partial merit scholarships. However, to continue the application process, you will need to submit proof of funds totaling U.S.$70,231 (estimated costs for first year of study).
Skype interviews and additional essay submissions will be required for AU EGL semi-finalists and finalists. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected] .