International Masters Merit Scholarships application process at University of Houston in the United Kingdom. Learn the best way to apply for the International Masters Merit Scholarships for the academic year 2020/2021, via University of Houston Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the International Masters Merit Scholarships 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the International Masters Merit Scholarships for interested and qualified applicants.
The University of Houston in Victoria (UHV) is providing the International Student Merit Scholarship award to incoming/present undergraduate and Postgraduate (Masters) students that have an international visa status.
All undergraduate as well as graduate students are eligible to apply for the International Merit Scholarship award. The award is a $1000 award for the academic year (fall, spring and summer), if the recipient is a spring semester recipient, the award is for spring and summer only.
The scholarship award will subsidize the student’s tuition as well as fees by $500 each fall, spring and summer.
For foreign students on F-1 and J-1 visa, the scholarship award will reflect the residency tuition rate. The scholarship award only applies to tuition as well as fees. All other costs such as housing, meals, transportation, personal expenses, books, supplies, and health insurance are not included in this scholarship. The scholarship can only be used to study at University of Houston in Victoria (UHV). The scholarship awards and waivers are open for fall awardees for the fall, spring, as well as the summer semesters, and for spring awardees, this scholarship awards and waivers will be granted for spring and summer semesters for undergraduate as well as graduate full-time study at University of Houston in Victoria (UHV).
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for International Masters Merit Scholarships?
- Is the International Masters Merit Scholarships Form out?
- When will the University of Houston Scholarship start?
- I need a University of Houston Scholarship update, etc.
- University of Houston Scholarship Portal.
All courses offered at the university.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is open to students from countries all over the world.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- Be admitted student to UHV
- At the time of award the student must be registered for a minimum of 12 credits for undergraduate students, 9 credits for graduate students.
- Returning/or current students must have two semesters remaining to graduate (semester receiving the scholarship cannot be the final semester)
- Returning/Current students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above for graduate students.
- Spring semester scholarship recipients will receive the scholarship only for the spring and summer semesters. So as to maximize the scholarship award opportunity all spring, scholarship awardees are required to enroll for a full-time course load online (summer only) or face-to-face. Where applicable, all spring scholarship awardees must re-apply for the fall merit scholarship award prior to the deadline (see below).
- International students or students on other non-immigrant visa status
- F-1 and J-1 students must be on the relevant visa status on or before the state date of their immigration document
- F-1 and J-1 students must attend mandatory International Student orientation at Victoria or Katy
- All non-immigrant status students must be on good academic and immigration status.
How to Apply
Complete the scholarship application forms
- First complete and submit the online UHV General Scholarship Application.
- Sign in using your UHV username and password.
- Second submit International Student Merit Scholarship Application. Please note, you will need to attach the necessary application requirements. Once you press submit, the application as well as the uploaded attachments/documents will be automatically sent to the International Programs Office.
- The application MUST be completed in order for your scholarship application to be eligible for review.
Merit scholarship award for spring semester is only granted for spring as well as summer semester. All spring scholarship awardees must take part time or fulltime summer course load (online or F2F) and is mandated to take summer courses. All spring merit scholarship awardees must re-apply for the succeeding year Merit Scholarship award.
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 15th November 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.