International Schwarzman Scholarships application process at Tsinghua University in China. Learn the best way to apply for the International Schwarzman Scholarships for the academic year 2020/2021, via Tsinghua University Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the International Schwarzman Scholarships 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the International Schwarzman Scholarships for interested and qualified applicants.
The Schwarzman Scholarship scheme will grant the world’s outstanding and exceptional students the chance to build their leadership skills and professional networks with a one-year Master’s Degree at Tsinghua University in Beijing – one of China’s most renowned universities.
With a $350 million endowment, Schwarzman Scholarship program will be the single biggest philanthropic effort ever undertaken in China by largely international benefactors. The exceptional students chosen to become Schwarzman scholarship recipient will get a comprehensive scholarship.
Schwarzman Scholarship program was inspired by the Rhodes scholarship scheme, which was established in 1902 to further international understanding and peace, and is intended to meet the challenges of the 21st century and beyond. Blackstone Co-Founder Stephen A. Schwarzman individually donated $100 million to the program and is leading a fundraising campaign to get an additional $350 million from private sources to bestow unto the program in perpetuity. The $450 million endowment will assist up to 200 students yearly from the United States of America, China and around the world for a one-year Master’s Degree program at Tsinghua University in Beijing, one of China’s most renowned universities and a crucial base for the country’s technological and scientific research. Students chosen for this extremely selective scheme will proceed to live in Beijing for one (1) year of study and attending lectures, traveling, cultural immersion, and getting a better understanding of China.
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for International Schwarzman Scholarships?
- Is the International Schwarzman Scholarships Form out?
- When will the Tsinghua University Scholarship start?
- I need a Tsinghua University Scholarship update, etc.
- Tsinghua University Scholarship Portal.
Master’s degree programs in one of these three disciplines:
- Public Policy
- Economics and Business
- International Studies
What will be taught: Business, Social sciences, and Leadership skills.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is open to students from countries all over the world except Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macao.
Number of Awardees: Up to 200 exceptional men and women will be accepted into the program each year.
Value of Scholarship:
- Semi-finalist interview costs, such as train or economy class air travel, group meals and one night in a hotel if required, will be arranged and covered in totality by the program.
- Expenses for successful Schwarzman Scholarship Recipients are also wholly covered by the program.
- It will cover Tuition and fees, Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year, Room and board, an in-country study tour,
- Health insurance, Required course books and supplies, Lenovo laptop and smartphone, and
- A modest personal pay.
Duration of Scholarship: One (1) year.
The following requirements must be met by all applicants:
- Undergraduate degree or first degree from an accredited/prestigious/renowned college or university or its equivalent. Candidates who are currently registered in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to successfully complete all degree criteria before orientation begins on 1 August 2021. There are no requirements for a particular field of undergraduate study or discipline; all disciplines are welcome, but it will be vital for candidates, regardless of their undergraduate major, to articulate how participating in Schwarzman Scholarship scheme will assist to develop their leadership potential within their discipline.
- Age. Candidates must be at least 18 (Eighteen) but not yet 29 (Twenty-Nine) years of age as of 1 August 2021.
- Citizenship. There are no nationality or citizenship criteria.
- English language proficiency. Candidates must show strong English Language skills, as all lectures will be done in English. If the candidate’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be provided and submitted with the application. Acceptable test options include:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT)
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
This requirement is waived for applicants who graduated from an undergraduate institution where the primary language of instruction was English for at least three years of the applicant’s academic program.
How to Apply
There is no payment associated with applying to the Schwarzman Scholarship program. To apply, applicants will need to complete and successfully submit an online application form, along with all required documents and essays before the deadline date.
Visit the official website (link below) for complete information on how to apply to this scholarship program.
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 22nd September 2020 at 11:59 PM, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date/time.