DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters in Public Policy and Good Governance Scholarship Program application process at German Universities in Germany. Learn the best way to apply for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters in Public Policy and Good Governance Scholarship Program for the academic year 2020/2021, via German Universities Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters in Public Policy and Good Governance Scholarship Program 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters in Public Policy and Good Governance Scholarship Program for interested and qualified applicants.
This scheme is intended to further qualify future leaders in law, politics, administration and economics in accordance with the principles of good governance and to make them ready in a praxis-oriented course for their professional life.
Exceptional graduates that have a first university degree (Bachelor’s degree) get the opportunity to obtain a master’s degree in areas of study that are of special relevance to the political, social, and economic growth and development of their home country.
The knowledge and experience derived in Germany should enforce the scholarship awardees to later in the future contribute positively to the creation of democratically inclined social and economic systems targeted at overcoming social differences.
In addition to these, the training at German higher institutions of education should qualify the scholarship awardees/holders to become partners in the economic and political co-operation with Germany.
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters in Public Policy and Good Governance Scholarship Program?
- Is the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters in Public Policy and Good Governance Scholarship Program Form out?
- When will the German Universities Scholarship start?
- I need a German Universities Scholarship update, etc.
- German Universities Scholarship Portal.
All courses offered at the university.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is only open to students from developing countries.
- Before their study programs/courses, all scholarship awardees will receive a 6-months German language course dating from April 2019 to September 2019. The language courses will take place at selected institutions in Germany and not at the institutions of the selected master´s courses.
- The language course is unavoidable also for those who attend a master´s course taught in English. The scholarship awardees are offered a distinct tutoring at their host institutions and would be financed by DAAD.
- Also, there is the possibility to have to attend networking events. DAAD pays a monthly scholarship rate which is currently 750 €.
- The scholarship award also comprises contributions to health insurance in the country – Germany.
- Also, DAAD provides a proper travel stipends and a research and study subsidy as well as rent subsidies and/or stipends for spouses and/or children (where applicable).
- DAAD scholarship awardees within the Helmut-Schmidt-Program are all fully excluded from tuition fees.
- The scholarship program is available to graduates in the field of law, political sciences, social sciences, and in public administration and economics from Africa, South Asia, Latin America, and Southeast Asia, from countries in the Middle East and also from the Ukraine.
- The scheme is open for outstanding qualified graduates with a first university degree (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) who want to actively and positively contribute to the economic and social growth/development of their home countries.
- The scholarship awards are offered both for young graduates that have no professional experience as well as for mid-career professionals.
Selection Criteria: The major DAAD criteria for selection are the following:
- results of the study so far
- knowledge of English language (as well as German)
- social and political engagement/involvement
- a definite description of the subject-related and
- Personal incentive for the study project in Germany and the expected advantage on returning to the home country.
- The latest university degree must have been obtained within the six (6) years prior to the application for the scholarship.
- Candidates can’t be considered if they have stayed in Germany for more than fifteen (15) months as at the time of application.
All master´s courses/program have further additional criteria that must be met by the candidates in any case.
How to Apply
Applications have to be completed and submitted in German or English. Also, applicants should kindly indicate that they are applying for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Program (Master’s scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance).
It is cogent to go through the Application criteria in the Program Webpage (see link below) before you apply.
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 31st July 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.