International Excellence Scholarships application process at University of St.Gallen in Switzerland. Learn the best way to apply for the International Excellence Scholarships for the academic year 2020/2021, via University of St.Gallen Scholarship Portal.
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the International Excellence Scholarships 2020.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the International Excellence Scholarships for interested and qualified applicants.
The University of St.Gallen offers two different Excellence Scholarship programs to Students.
- Excellence Scholarships of the University of St.Gallen
- Starr International Foundation Scholarship Fund
Excellence Scholarships of the University of St.Gallen:
Excellence Scholarship awards will be granted to overseas applicants registered in Bachelor studies at the University of St.Gallen as of the Autumn Semester of 2018 and on the basis of excellence. Every year, six scholarship awards will be granted to students in the Assessment Year, which will be paid out over a duration of three (3) years. The scholarship amount is tantamount to the current tuition fees at the Bachelor’s Level (which runs to six (6) semesters). Currently, a grantee would get a yearly sum of CHF 6,252 (for all three (3) years, this amounts to a scholarship award of CHF 18,756).
Starr International Foundation Scholarship Fund
The Starr International Foundation Scholarship Fund is reserved for highly gifted foreign-language candidates with an acceptable overseas Bachelor’s degree who are running a Master’s degree program in one of the English-language program (International Affairs and Governance (MIA), Strategy and International Management (SIM), Banking and Finance (MBF), Quantitative Economics and Finance (MiQE/F), International Law (MIL), Marketing, Economics (MEcon), Services and Communication (MSC), and Finance and Accounting (MaccFin).
As a rule, grants in the amount of CHF 15,000 per program shall be paid out every year. Outstanding students are recognized by the Advice Center for Study Funding on the basis of various requirements. Applicants are then asked to submit additional documents.
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- How Can I Apply for International Excellence Scholarships?
- Is the International Excellence Scholarships Form out?
- When will the University of St.Gallen Scholarship start?
- I need a University of St.Gallen Scholarship update, etc.
- University of St.Gallen Scholarship Portal.
All courses offered at the university.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is open to students from all over the world.
A grantee of the scholarship award would get a yearly sum of CHF 6,252 (for all three (3) years, this adds up to a scholarship award of CHF 18,756).
- International applicants with internationally recognized relevant educational qualifications and certificates
- Successful passing of the University of St.Gallen’s internal admission test
- Timely application including all documentation required in the application process.
- The bachelor’s degree has to be completed without any delays, as far as they are not conditioned by the studies.
- The scholarship is paid out in 3 installments. The initial installment will be paid directly after commencing the studies in the autumn semester. The second and third installments are only paid out when a specified average grade is reached.
How to Apply
After successful admission to the degree course, a letter of motivation and a two-minute video in mp4 quality must be submitted using the online formula to the Advice Center of Study Funding. These two application requirements should cover the following content:
Letter of motivation
- The letter of motivation must be at most 600 words
- The letter must also explain why the candidate choose the field of study/discipline and the HSG
- Reason as to why the applicant should get a scholarship.
- Creativity in making the video is appreciated.
- The candidate must introduce himself/herself personally in the video
- Presentation of curriculum vitae – CV (origin and family is important).
- Extracurricular activities including filmic evidence. Reference person(s) may also appear in the video.
They should provide answers to the following questions:
- Why does the applicant wish to study at the HSG?
- What are the applicant’s career perspectives and vision?
- Why does the applicant deserve this Excellence Scholarship?
- Has the candidate already rendered any assistances such as working for the advantage of society or a charity or by means of ecological and/or social engagements?
Important Notice: The quality and creativity of the video clip, which can underline that you are an exceptional person, are relevant assessment criteria.
The deadline for the scholarship award application is8 days after the HSG admission test in summer: 16th July 2020. This deadline also applies to applicants who pass their entrance exam in February. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.